Friday 13 April 2012

Swatch: Essie - Sew Psyched

Okay, so I have been seriously slacking in the swatching department lately, mainly because the weather in the UK has been awful and we've had nothing but rain! I do however, have a few swatches in my computer folder that I have post. I'm not too happy with them, but at the end of the day, I need to post them as I can't really reswatch in this weather.
Today I have for you Essie - Sew Psyched which I received in my swap box from Marisa. As always, excuse my sorry excuse of a clean up and the horrendous gash on my pointer! I had an accident with cuticle cutters >.<
Sew Psyched is a muted green-grey creme with subtle golden shimmer. It's so subtle that you can barely see it on the nail! The application was pretty easy and I only needed 2 coats for opacity. I'm a bit of an Essie noob as far as my collection goes, but I have to say I am in love with their colour range and the formula.

Natural Lighting (sorry for the orange tint)
Direct Sunlight
Sorry this post is so short, but there really weren't enough good photos for me to pack the post out with! I do however have a pretty layering combo with this polish coming up for you tomorrow, so stay tuned for that! What are your thoughts on Essie polishes? Do you have an all time favourite colour? Let me know in the comments!

8 comments:

  1. This looks really beautiful on you!! I'm definitely an Essie fan ;0).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Marisa! I'm a bigger Essie fan now I have more than one lonely little man, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is my one and only Essie, love it. Looks really nice on you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Essie. I've found that their polish lasts longer for me than a few other brands.
    I love Essie's new resort collection, although I haven't been able to find a store that's not sold out. My favorite Essie polish is Merino Cool

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Jackie - This was one of my second Essie polishes, I only had Licorice for a while but thanks to MariJo I added some pretty colours to it!

    @Jen - I was able to find the mini's for the Resort collection on sale so I picked them up, I think I want a couple of the bigger polishes though! Merino Cool has been on my want list for a while now too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely color! My favorite Essie is Geranium. It's a lovely orange-y red!

    ReplyDelete
  7. AHAHAHH Rachel is silly! made boo booo with cuticule cutter! xD

    ReplyDelete