Saturday 14 April 2012

Swatch: BarryM - Denim & Comparison

Hi ladies, so I was going to wait to show you this after I had posted a Nail Mail post, but I'm just too excited and I couldn't wait. BarryM have recently released a new selection of colours, as well as 4 new magnetic polishes! I originally thought that they had only brought out 3 new Nail Paint shades (Silvery Lilac, Teal & (there's another one but I don't know the name!), but when I went into my Superdrug today, I saw an extra two that I have never seen before!

Black Multi Glitter & Denim
As you can see from the title, I am going to be showing you Denim today. Now Denim is an exact dupe for Ciaté - Regatta, which you will see later in the post! Denim is a denim blue base with blue and silver shimmer! Like Ciaté it dries to an almost Satin/Suede finish. I, like everyone, LOVE BarryM's formula. Almost every polish I have tried from BarryM is opaque in 1 to 2 coats, which is amazing in my opinion, especially since they are so inexpensive. Below is 2 coats of Denim with a thin layer of Top Coat.

Label Shot
Indoors, No Flash.
As you can see, it's absolutely stunning. One of the main reasons behind me purchasing this shade was to do a swatch comparison with Ciaté - Regatta. The swatches below are two coats of both polishes without a Top Coat, can you tell which one is which? I sure can't.

Regatta & Denim
Side comparison
Indoors, No flash.
I'm sure you're all dying to know which is which...
Pointer - Regatta
Middle - Denim
Ring - Regatta
Pinkie - Denim

As you can see, they are exact dupes for one another! There is absolutely no difference between both of these polishes except for the price! BarryM polishes retail for £2.99 each for 10ml with the exception of their Nail Effects (£3.99) and their Magnetics (£4.99) and are available from their website, Boots and Superdrug as well as various other online retailers. However, Ciaté polishes retail for £9 each for 13.5ml which are available to purchase on their website, that's £6 more than BarryM polishes for 3.5ml worth of product. If you've been lusting after Regatta for a while now, but don't want to pay out £9 for it; here's your cheaper alternative! I wouldn't even say there's a difference in formula either, the biggest issue between these would probably be their longevity (I will test them both over the next couple of days and get back to you).

Wow, this was a long post! Kudos if you're still here with me! What are your thoughts on the new BarryM Nail Paint range? Will you be picking up any of the new colours?

10 comments:

  1. Wow, that looks great. I might need to have it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOoooh, I love Denim! Might have to poke around online and nab one for myself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My thought are: Need it asap!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. They haven't got them on their website yet - I hope they will make it there eventually :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haven't seen these around yet but will definitely pick up a bottle when I see one. Thanks for the info :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. cute nail colours!

    ♡ whimsicalityindisguise.blogspot.com
    *** Join my International Street Style Giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Someone is gooing to get those for me.. dunno whooo... do you know who??? xD
    Muah*

    ReplyDelete
  8. It really looks like denim. Lol. Great comparison!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooh, that's lovely, I didn't realise Denim was a dupe for Regatta! I don't think I've seen many pictures of Regatta but now I feel quite smug having paid £2.99 for an identical copy rather than the full £9 ;) I love the finish of Denim xx

    ReplyDelete