Tuesday 1 May 2012

Swatch: GOSH - Holographic

Hi ladies! It's been a while since I did a swatch post and what better way to kick things back off with than the elusive Holographic! I was lucky enough to score this from eBay for a pretty good price, mostly being that it was completely covered with polish that had leaked out, but armed with a cotton pad and some acetone, the problem was quickly 'wiped away' so to speak. There are rumours that GOSH will be re-releasing Holographic this summer, but going by previous re-releases of holographic nail polishes, I thought I'd better snag the 'original' formula whilst I can - just in case it has been changed. 
In the bottle, Holographic looks like an average 'sparkly silver' (when not in direct sunlight) and even looks like an average silver when it's first painted onto the nail, but as soon as it starts to dry...the magic happens. I did have a little bit of trouble with the application; I found that if I went over the same bit with the brush it would create a little bald spot, but patience helped deal with that. The photos below are 3 coats of Holographic with no base or top coat, there was a special base coat released with Holographic, but I don't have that!

Label Shot
Indoors, Natural Light
Indoors, Natural Light
Direct Sunlight
Direct Sunlight
Direct Sunlight
So there you have it! My two cents on GOSH - Holographic. As you can see, even when indoors, the holographic shows up on the nail needless to say I was pretty impressed when I saw that but what really took my breath away is how it just sparkles in the sun! I'm completely in LOVE with this polish, as I always knew I would be, and I'm SO glad I was able to find it cheap!

9 comments:

  1. Interestingly enough, I like the indoor look a lot more than the outdoor. That is so weird for me. I Love HOLOS. Lol...

    But this polish just looks so pretty inside!

    Lovely swatches.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whew. This polish is intense. I almost drooled a little. I may have to break down and buy this off eBay. Stunning!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been trying to get my hands on this polish for *ages*, so I'm looking so much forward to the re-release of it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. loveee the holo effect!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow! Amazing holo! Love it!

    ReplyDelete