Tuesday 19 June 2012

Swatch: China Glaze - Tronica Collection (part 1) PIC HEAVY

Hi ladies! I have another one of my multi-swatch posts for you today featuring 10 polishes from the China Glaze - Tronica collection. There's actually 12 polishes in the collection, however, I'm currently missing Hyper Haute & 3d Fantasy, so if any of you can get a hold of these for a reasonable price/have spares you're willing to swap, send me a quick e-mail to polishedcriminails@gmail.com! Since there are so many pictures/polishes, I thought it would be easier to show you them in two parts, just so there isn't as much reading for you to do.

I'm pleasantly surprised with the formula of the Tronica polishes, they all dried reasonably fast to a Satin-like finish and most were very pigmented. I did have some issues with bald spots on some of the polishes with the first coat, but most evened out with the application of a second. That being said, let's get on to the swatches, all of which were taken without a Base/Top Coat!



CLICK THE JUMP TO SEE SWATCHES



Label Shot

Natural Light

Direct Sunlight
Hologram is a Silver, scattered holo polish. This is probably the least holographic of the ones I have, which I was a little disappointed about, but you can't win them all! I also had a bit of trouble with the application too, it was completely streaky after the first and second coat, but evened out with the third. The photos above are 4 coats of Hologram.

Label Shot

Natural Light

Direct Sunlight
Mega Bite is a Yellow-toned Gold, scattered holo. I was a little surprised with this polish, in the bottle it didn't really appeal to me, but when I tried it on my nails, it changed my opinion, slightly. Similar to Hologram, I had a little trouble with bald spots on the first coat, but it evened out nicely with the second. I applied 3 coats for the photos above.

Label Shot

Natural Light

Direct Sunlight

Digital Dawn is a 'burnt' Copper, scattered holo. Again, I had issues with balding on the first coat, but it evened out nicely with the second. The photos above are 2 coats of Digital Dawn.




Cyberspace is what I would call a 'muddy' Taupe, scattered holo. Out of the three polishes above, Cyberspace was the least streaky, although there was still some minor bald spots. Like the others, it evened out with the second and I used a third coat just to smooth it out further.

Label Shot

Natural Light

Direct Sunlight
Laser Lime is a Lime Green, scattered holo. This is what I'd hoped GOSH - Green Hawaii would be, but even then I'm not completely in love with it. Again, streaky with the first coat and evened out with the second, I then added a third coat to smooth it out further.


So there you have part 1 of the Tronica collection, I'd like to thank the lovely Gina from My Dirty Little Obsessions for getting these for me! Which Tronica polish is your favourite so far? I think mine would have to be Cyberspace, since I'm a sucker for Taupe shades! Stay tuned for part 2 where I will show you the 'darker' shades, which should be up tomorrow/Thursday!

10 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. They've been and gone! I think they came out Spring time last year and were Limited Edition, so they're all considered hard to find now! :(

      Delete
    2. Oh pants. They're gorge aren't they!

      Delete
  2. Thanks for the great swatches. I'm going to have to go digging around the internets. Couple of these just went on my birthday wishlist.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not too excited by these polishes, but they look great on you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are gorgeous!
    I think Digital Dawn is my fave! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like Laser Lime, im on a green trip at the moment lol xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those are beautiful!! Why'd I wait so long to get back into nail polish? :((

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such pretty swatches!! I love pictures and moarrrr pictures!! hihihi. My fav is digital dawn! xD

    Kiss Kiss

    ReplyDelete