Sunday 3 June 2012

Swatch: Ciaté for Marie Claire Magazine

Hi ladies! I have a swatch post for you today featuring 3 Ciaté Paint Pots which are currently free with Marie Claire magazine throughout the month of June! When I heard about the offer, I couldn't wait to get down to my local Supermarket to collect all 3 Paint Pots. Usually priced at £9 each, you save an amazing £5.30 with each Marie Claire magazine, priced at £3.70, you purchase (1 Paint Pot per issue). Unfortunately, this post only really applies to my UK readers, as the offer is only with the UK Marie Claire, sorry International ladies! But if you do have any UK polish connections and like what you see, then let them know they may be able to help you out!
As far as I'm aware, the shades have been specifically created solely for the magazine and cannot be purchased through the Ciaté website.


See more swatches after the jump!


Label Shot

Indoors, Natural Light


Bon Bon is a light Taupe, high gloss creme with Mauve undertones. I used 3 coats for the photos, but two would have been enough. The application was flawless, as I've found with most Ciaté polishes I've come across, I had no issues with streaking or bald spots.

Label Shot

Indoors, Natural Light


Purple Sherbet is a Lilac Creme. Again, I used 3 coats for the swatches, but two would have been enough.

Label Shot

Indoors, Natural Light

Jelly Bean is a bright Fuchsia Pink with Blue shimmer. This polish is definitely a one coater, but I used two for the photos, there's just something about one coat polishes that doesn't sit right with me, I have to do at least two! Again, the application was flawless, I had no issues with flooding or streaking.


I love Ciaté polishes, but sometimes I just cannot justify spending £9 on one polish, so whenever there's a sale/freebie being given away, I have to snatch it up. Speaking of which, there was also a coupon for 25% off the Ciaté website! Just enter MARIE25 at the checkout! This coupon will be valid all through June & July! Have you picked up a copy of Marie Claire magazine yet? If so which colour(s) did you choose?!

12 comments:

  1. I love the look of Jelly Bean! I picked up Bon Bon, it was the only one they had left. Really pretty though :-)

    http://whenitrainsitpours92.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I definitely want to get these, but I have a feeling the magazines will all be sold out :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean, I was late to the party with the Nails Inc freebies, I managed to get 2 of them after searching countless different stores. But I was lucky enough to get these the day they were put out

      Delete
  3. Awesome colors. yay for 25% off. =) I may have to get in on that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I got Jelly Bean and Purple Sherbet, they are gorgeous! xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks for the heads up on the 25% off deal. :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ogmz they are sooooooo pretty!!! Love them! Those bottles are way to cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. All very pretty!
    I got the Purple Sherbert colour as I have been looking for a lilac for a while.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've never used Ciaté before but the colours look very pretty, might have to go grab a Marie Claire and try one out, thanks for the review :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh my gosh, just found your post and I really hope the July issue is still available in store! I really want to get my hands on a bottle of bon bon!

    ReplyDelete