Saturday 19 May 2012

Swatch: China Glaze - IDK (Happy Holo Day!!)

Hi ladies! So I have a cool little post for you today! A couple of the girls in a Facebook group I'm in, decided to create a 'Holo Day', where each of us participating will post a swatch of, well, a holo polish! Now I don't really own THAT many holo polishes, and any I do own are all featured already on the blog. HOWEVER, I did find a folder of China Glaze - IDK photos which I didn't publish, unfortunately this polish is no longer with me so you'll have to forgive the photos as it was a cold, miserable, sunless day. I decided I wanted in last minute so I haven't been able to create something amazing like the other ladies since there was no sunshine today for me to bust my holos out (and I wanted to do it with proper sunlight, not flash) so you'll just have to make do with my boring, one coloured nails!
If I remember rightly, I used 2 coats of IDK without a top coat, I did find the formula a little gloopy but perhaps that's just because it is getting old. For those of you who don't know, IDK comes from the OMG collection by China Glaze released in Spring 2008 and it's a gorgeous, linear lilac holographic polish! As I mentioned, the photos were taken on a VERY dull day, so I had to use a flash to capture the 'holoness'.

Dull, overcast weather, no flash

Dull, overcast weather, with flash

Dull, overcast weather, with flash

Isn't it stunning? Looking at these photos makes me regret ever selling my OMG holos, but desperate times called for desperate measures. Polish CAN be replaceable if you're willing to spend the pennies! Do you own any of the China Glaze holos? If so which ones?

Make sure you check out some of the other AMAZING bloggers partaking in Holo Day!



18 comments:

  1. I want this one so badly!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't have this and need it! Its beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So jealous. Really wish I hadn't missed this collection. It's so expensive now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Its so beautiful



    http://jokinhasedocinhos.blogspot.pt/

    ReplyDelete
  5. OOOOOH gorgeous!!! IDK why China Glaze can't release some more of these great holos LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  6. One of my favs from the OMG collection!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is so beautiful!!! But I agree - polish is replaceable after all :-D
    Anyway, this one looks beautiful even without the flash!
    I have the DV8 of this collection but i'm dying to get one of the purples too one day...

    ReplyDelete
  8. NOT boring! Very beautiful! I want the OMG polishes SO BAD! I only own GR8.

    ReplyDelete
  9. ooh this one is so damn pretty *oooo*

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stunning Raych!!!! Definitely NOT boring!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is beautiful!!! A holo is never boring ;)
    I'm so sad you had to sell this polish...

    ReplyDelete
  12. One of my favorites holos!! my bottle is half way down and Im afraid of using it again - hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  13. OMGs are the best!! IDK is uber pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, that flash totally brings out the holo-kablam! So, so miffed I wasn't into polish yet when the OMGs came out! >_<

    ReplyDelete